On Tuesday, January 8, I’ll be delivering a full-day precompiler session on “Going Independent”. The session will start at 8:30am in the Ironwood room.
This year, I will be joined by friend, fellow developer and part-time attorney Jeffrey Strauss.
The purpose of the session is:
- Share lessons learned
- Provide you with the tools and resources necessary to either:
– Support what you’re currently doing as an indie
– Make the leap to life as an indie
The agenda for the day is:
- Discuss lessons learned over the course of the last 11 or so years I’ve been an independent consultant.
- Discuss ‘Starting and Running a Business’. This will include the different business types, business plans, logistics, marketing and more.
- Discuss Clients. This will include how to find them, how to work with them and how to keep them.
- Discuss Rates. This will include all sorts of information about setting rates, T&M vs. fixed bid and more.
The session tends to be very open and fluid. Come with questions and Jeff and I will do our best to answer them.
I hope to see you there!